Competition — 2018 CRIR Bursaries
Dear CRIR graduate students, postdoctoral trainees and CRIR members,
The CRIR Scientific Direction is proud to announce that we are launching the bursary competition and offering a limited number of bursaries for research master’s ($8 000) and doctoral ($15 000) students and postdoctoral trainees ($20 000) for all student members including international students and those from other Canadian provinces. The primary supervisor must be a CRIR Full member researcher.
We invite you to submit your application, before midnight Wednesday May 30, 2018, by sending us the application form which must include:
- Your name and contact details.
- The title of the research project and the summary of it (maximum 1 page).
- The name of your supervisor (s) (your primary supervisor should be a a CRIR Full member researcher – with bona fide status.
- The date of the beginning of your training (month / year – Example: 09/2018). The student must be registered in the fall of 2018. Proof of registration will be required before awarding the bursary.
- The program in which you are registered and your level of training: master’s (research), doctorate, postdoctorate
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (the version of your choice)
- Relevant academic transcript(s)
- Name of funding agency (s) where you made your initial request.
- A copy of the letter including the evaluation report from the funding agency (if applicable).
- Ranking in the competition (if possible and if you have submitted an application to the funding agency recognized in the 2017-2018 contest (e.g. FRQS, CIHR, NSERC).
- Does not hold funding that exceeds, $ 30,000 (research master’s), $ 35,000 (doctorate) or $ 40,000 (postdoctorate) during the period covered by the CRIR competition (between May 1st, 2018 and April 30, 2019).
- Write in Times New Roman 12, 1.5 spacing, minimum margins 1 in.
- Criteria for evaluating applications based on the FRQS: https://www.frqs.gouv.qc.ca/bourses-et-subventions
Transmission to CRIR
Deadline to submit your application: Wednesday May 30, 2018, at 11h59 pm.
Announcement of results
The decision of the evaluation committee will be notified to the candidates by email, at the latest one month after the closing date of the contest.
Award recipients will be asked to participate in a knowledge mobilization activity within CRIR.