Accessibility has been an important criterion for the design of this new website. Several aspects were considered during the development of the site. If this site does not meet your needs or if you have difficulty using it, please contact us.
Actions taken in compliance with the accessibility standards of the Government of Quebec
- Hierarchical titles
- Text equivalent to any image
- Label for all form fields
- Explicit wording to all links
- Distinction of content and structure by using CSS style sheets
- Valid style sheet codes
- Avoidance of pop-up windows and data tables
- And more!
Action exceeding the accessibility standards of the Government of Quebec
- Integration of the Responsive Design feature which automatically adapts the content of the page to the size of the screen, facilitating in particular the navigation of people using screen zoom software
- Tools for increase text and content size
- Notify the user when a link opens in a new window
- Give the user the ability to bypass the navigation to access the content directly with a link at the beginning of each page
- Language as simple as possible
The accessibility of the site has been verified with the following browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari. Evaluation tools have also been used such as the W3C HTML Validator, WAVE Web Accessibility Tool, Color Contrast Analyzer, NVDA, Jaws 16 and VoiceOver. The versions used are the most recent available beginning of 2018.