Job offer: Clinical Research Coordinator | CRIR-CCSMTL
Programming and Research Planning Officer
Established within the CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal (CCSMTL), the Institut universitaire sur la réadaptation en déficience physique de Montréal (IURDPM) brings together more than 60 researchers and 240 interdisciplinary students dedicated to developing knowledge and practices in the areas of mobility, communication and cognition, as well as the environment and services. The research teams are deployed on the Gingras-Lindsay and Laurier pavilions. The Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire en réadaptation du Montréal métropolitain (CRIR), one of the largest rehabilitation research centres in Canada, is the research centre of the IURDPM.
IURDPM website: https://iurdpm.ca/fr
CRIR website: https://crir.ca
Under the responsibility of the head of department and in close collaboration with the scientific direction of the IURDPM, the clinical research coordinator ensures the implementation of the research program and the deployment of activities related to the academic mission of the IURDPM. More specifically, this person ensures the link between researchers and clinical settings, more particularly for the communication and cognition niche. It facilitates the development of research partnerships, plans knowledge transfer activities, welcomes research students, provides support to researchers and their staff, contributes to the scientific animation of the community, monitors compliance with ethical standards, helps structure and develop the University Institute and participates in accountability. She performs any other related duties at the request of her immediate supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct the assessment of the local feasibility of research projects submitted to the IURDPM and participate in the different stages of their deployment.
- Prepare letters of support for research projects submitted to the granting agencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the knowledge transfer program resulting from the work carried out by the research teams.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge transfer tools, in collaboration with researchers and other stakeholders.
Collaboration and engagement
- Liaise between different members of the Institute, such as researchers, clinical members, research professionals, students and intersectoral collaborators.
- Organize, co-facilitate and take charge of the logistical aspects of certain meetings (preparation of agendas and minutes, etc.).
- Encourage consultation both internally and externally with potential partners.
- Support and engage clinicians in their participation in research and knowledge transfer activities.
Other dimensions of the university mission
- Participate in the consolidation, development and influence of the IURDPM.
- Collaborate on evidence-based clinical practice development projects.
- Support technology and intervention assessment (ETMI) projects.
- Maintain records and support the Head of Service in the development and updating of dashboards and statistics on Institute-related activities.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the annual report and various balance sheets.
- 2nd cycle degree in an appropriate discipline such as health sciences or social sciences
Experience and knowledge required
- Professional experience in the field of research.
- Good knowledge of the field of rehabilitation in physical disability, especially for the sensory-language clientele.
- Experience in project coordination and collaborative development
- Experience in knowledge transfer, valorization and mobilization.
- Knowledge of research ethics is an asset.
Languages and software
- Excellent command of oral and written French, ability to read texts in English.
Ability to express oneself and write in English an asset.
- Mastery of the Windows environment, office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams)
Key competencies expected
- Rigor, concern for quality.
- Customer orientation, ability to direct its actions towards meeting the needs of its partners.
- Autonomy, ability to organize the elements of his/her work, to plan all the tasks to be performed, to determine priorities, objectives and the order of realization of activities.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen situations by adjusting behaviour to new environmental requirements and ability to be flexible.
- Ability to mobilize partners, facilitate working groups and build consensus.
- Teamwork, ability to contribute to a working group to achieve goals.
- Ability to synthesize, write, popularize and develop reference documents.
- Be open-minded, listen to others and know how to adapt to everyone’s realities.
- Work in an environment with a rich scientific and professional life.
- Be part of a dynamic team and a large community of researchers, students and research staff.
- Hourly rate based on level of education and experience, plus benefits and insurance plan.
- Institution: CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- Job title: Clinical Research Coordinator (Planning, Programming and Research Officer)
- Site: Laurier Pavilion
- Employment Status: Full-time position
- Shift: Day
- Salary range: Between $27.08 and $47.98 (depending on experience)
- Position Type: Unionized Personnel, Reference CAT4-22-6852
- Position Number: 10142901
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
Manon Parisien, Head of Department
Institut universitaire sur la réadaptation en déficience physique de Montréal (IURDPM)
CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Ile-de-Montréal
Only those selected for pre-selection will be contacted.
The CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal subscribes to an equal access program. Applications from target groups (women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities) are encouraged. Accommodation may be made available upon request, depending on the situation.